Richmond Earth Day Festival Saturday in Manchester | Events
The 2011 Richmond Earth Day Festival is Saturday from noon until 7 p.m. and will showcase the best of Richmond’s green artists, businesses and enthusiasts. It is free, being held in Manchester between Plant Zero and the Richmond Floodwall and is open to people of all ages and interests to share in this day! See http://earthdayrichmond.org for more!
Here’s the line-up for Earth Day’s Main Music Stage:
12:00–12:30 – The Richmond Indigenous Gourd Orchestra
1:00 – 1:45 – Rattlemouth
2:15 – 3:00 – Exebelle & the Rusted Cavalcade
3:30 – 4:15 – Amazing Ghost
4:45 – 5:45 - Black Girls
6:00 – 7:00 - Horsehead
Some of the attractions include:
- E-Recycling + Compost and Rain Barrel Sales, organized by The Clean City Commission.
- Local Food Vendors to include: Alamo bbq, Nate’s taco truck, The Nile Ethiopian, Goatocado, Grapevine Restaurant, Thai Top Ten, and more…
- 3rd Street Sustainable Workshops, organized by Backyard Farmer. Earth Day attendees will experience natural and biological systems and the human relationship of using those systems to create art, tools, equipment and processes essential to managing a sustainable lifestyle.
- 4th Street Artists Showcase and Demonstrations organized by Art Works. Meet local artists and learn to make art out of recycled metals, learn tile and hot glass bead making; watercolor, collage and oil painting demos.
- Outdoor Gear Swap, organized by James River Outdoor Coalition. Anyone is welcome to bring their gently used equipment or come by to purchase equipment.
- Fish Festival, organized by James River Park System. This will take place next to the James River and Manchester Flood Wall, kids and families can enjoy fishing along the River, fish releases, fly-casting workshops, oriental fish printing & hat making, water test demonstrations, face painting & caricatures.
- Green Hero Awards, organized by Style Weekly and honoring ordinary people and businesses with extraordinary commitments to bettering the environment and making lasting changes to our community.
Upcoming Events near South of the James
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Late-night pursuit on Midlothian Turnpike ends with arrest
- Police searching for two men who robbed Midlothian jewelry store
- Richmond Officer on trial for exposing himself at Chesterfield mall
- Chesterfield senior citizens remember JFK's assassination
- James River High School band receives rare state accomplishment